How To Steam Spaghetti Squash
If you happen to have a steamer, it’s a great way to cook spaghetti squash. Steaming is a healthy way to cook your food, and we like healthy cooking. The spaghetti squash with all its nutrients goes really well with the steamer, the final result is so tasty! You can not steam the spaghetti squash whole, you have to part it.
- Part the spaghetti squash lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds.
- Split it in half once again.
- Place the spaghetti squash in the steamer with its skin side up.
- Steam the spaghetti squash for about 20 minutes.
- Use a fork to see if it’s done, steam a bit more if still hard.
- Remove from steamer
- Use a spoon or a fork to get the spaghetti strands out of the finished squash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Lately I’ve been using more and more vegetables to replace pasta, rice and potatoes and by doing so I’ve lost a few pounds. Spaghetti squash contains almost no fat, alot of nutrients and a healthy amount of carbohydrates, although not a vegetable, it can certainly replace the carbohydrate rich food mentioned above.
All that remains now is to eat and enjoy. I would recommend a nice piece of meat and a spicy sauce to go with the spaghetti squash.